Shiatsu is different than Western massage in some key ways.
- Deeper than massage, but gentler touch
- Addresses chronic conditions from IBS to insomnia
- Develops body awareness
- Deepens your yoga, pilates, or meditation practice
- Draws from 2,000 years of clinical wisdom
Shiatsu is effective for musculoskeletal issues as well as chronic conditions, stress relief, and emotional healing. Here’s what we can work on in your session:
- Autoimmune and allergies
- Back pain
- Chronic pain
- Chronic viral illness
- Circulation issues
- GERD and acid reflux
- IBS, colitis, and Crohn’s
- Injury (sports, workplace, accident)
- Joint pain
- Low energy
- Major life changes
- Menstrual dysfunction
- Neck and shoulder tension
- Sinus congestion
- Spiritual growth
- Sprains and strains
- Stress relief
One measure of health is a person’s ability to recognize and respond to their own needs. Chronic blockage in the body can complicate how we experience simple states like hunger, tiredness, love, and pain.
My goal in each session is to give the client a supported experience of their body. I work with intention and touch to help the tissues let go. When the body relaxes, its innate healing responses begin to work. And it feels good.
First, we must allow. Then, we can remember the simple goodness of life.